This shaved Brussels sprout salad is a refreshing side dish to any meal! Brussel sprouts are packed full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They can help maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and can even lower risk of chronic disease. The hemp hearts not only add a delicious rich and nutty flavor, but are also a great source of protein. They contain essential fatty acids that can improve skin health and boost your immune system.
Maple Mustard Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (ends trimmed)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- First, make the maple mustard dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, pure maple syrup, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Next, shave the Brussels sprouts. Use a food processor with the slicing attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. You can also use a mandoline or sharp knife if you don’t have a food processor.
- Place the shredded Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add the raisins, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
For more recipes, check out our Taste section here.